Associate Dean: Dr. Carmelita Lamb
Graduate Chair: Dr. Brenda Tufte
Choice of Emphasis Area: K-12 Leadership and Administration or Higher Education Leadership and Administration
- Minimum cumulative GPA equivalent of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale
- Master’s degree or higher from a United States regionally accredited institution of higher education or from an international school approved by the country’s Ministry of Education.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Submission of official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Interview with education program faculty
- Completion of a proctored writing sample
- Completion of GRE assessment or equivalent approved by faculty
- Applicants to the K-12 emphasis area must have professional school experience.
Degree Requirements (Ed.D.)
Students in the University of Mary’s Doctorate in Educational Leadership and Administration program are uniquely prepared to lead and impart 21st century education programs at both the pre K-12 and higher education levels. The only Ed.D. program of its kind between Fargo, ND and Bozeman, MT, Mary’s Doctorate of Education provides a rigorous, cutting-edge curriculum grounded in timeless values like service, respect for persons, and community. Designed to meet the dynamic and changing needs faced by educators today, the Doctorate in Educational Leadership and Administration program also supports completion in three years.
In addition to mastering the core competencies of the program, students in the Ed.D. program are able to:
- Work toward the Doctoral degree in Education Leadership and Administration with a group of adult student peers, providing strong support, work teams, and long-lasting professional connections and friendships.
- Learn from world-class faculty who are also leaders in their specialty areas.
- Utilize state-of-the-art online learning technology to complete the degree no matter where one lives and works. The learning model incorporates a two-week residency each summer to provide the opportunity for rich interaction and collaboration.
- Have access to skilled academic advisors and career mentors throughout the program.