Program Director: Heidi J. Nieuwsma, MSW, LCSW
Field Director: Katie Krukenberg, MSW, LMSW
Faculty: Heidi J. Nieuwsma, MSW, LCSW; Katie Krukenberg, MSW, LMSW; Dr. Chad Litton; Dr. Manisha Sawhney
Degree Types: Bachelor of Science (default) or Bachelor of Arts (alternative)
Upon completion of the Social Work major, beginning level B.S. graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate Ethical and Professional Behavior
- Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice
- Advance Human Rights and Social, Economic, and Environmental Justice
- Engage in Practice-informed Research and Research-informed Practice
- Engage in Policy Practice
- Engage with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Assess Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Intervene with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities Evaluation Practice with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Engage in the practice of servant leadership
Students must earn a grade of C or higher in all courses with an SWK prefix. A final grade of C- or lower would require that the student repeat the course to obtain a grade of C or higher. Students are required to maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and 2.75 SWK GPA. Policies regarding admission, progression through program, and field placement are included in Social Work Program Handbook and Field Manual.
Note: Successful completion of the Social Work Program qualifies students to take the Social Work license exam. Program completers' license exam pass rates are available by contacting the Social Work Program Director.