Program Chair: Marek Dojs
Degree Types: Bachelor of Science (default) or Bachelor of Arts (alternative)
The Communication Department provides a learning atmosphere which fosters creativity and community, while offering each student the opportunities, skills, theory and experiences to be an ethical, professional communication leader.
Graduates of this department:
- behave ethically in the profession.
- write and speak effectively to various audiences in a variety of formats.
- use technical skills (in such areas as: audio, video, computer, photographic and research) to create and communicate effectively.
- demonstrate an understanding of communication theory as a basis for professional thinking.
- demonstrate the ability to learn so as to adapt, to create and to manage change in the world of communication.
- meet professional demands while developing productive working relationships.
- can discuss a range of global, societal, religious, political and like pertinent issues, and their importance to and influence on communication.
Major in Communication
The Communication Major contains a core of required Communication courses and three distinct tracks-Media Production, Public Relations, and Business Communication. Completion of any of the three tracks and the core Communication courses fulfill the requirements for the Communication Major.