Program Director: Myron Schulz
Degree Types: Bachelor of Science (default) or Bachelor of Arts (alternative)
Sport and Leisure Management majors graduating from the University of Mary’s Gary Tharaldson School of Business will be enriched through a curriculum of discovery, development and application to ensure a sound knowledge of the key professional components of sport and leisure management. Students also gain an understanding of how to incorporate servant leadership into their everyday lives as business professionals. In addition to the core competencies of the University, graduates of the sport and leisure management program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to process information to reach a logical conclusion.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Identify major concepts within the core areas of business.
- Apply decision support tools to business decision making.
- Apply ethical decision making utilizing the Benedictine values and professional standards.
- Recognize the global nature of the contemporary business environment.
- Apply marketing concepts to the sports/entertainment industry.
- Analyze legal and risk management issues related to the sports/entertainment industry.
- Contribute to the development of a team and collaborative environment.
There are additional academic policies which apply to all undergraduate majors within the Gary Tharaldson School of Business. Please review those policies on the GTSB Undergraduate Programs page.