Program Director: Dr. Kevin Fishbeck
Degree Types: Bachelor of Science (default), Bachelor of Applied Science (alternative), or Bachelor of Arts (alternative)
Information technology management majors graduating from the University of Mary’s Gary Tharaldson School of Business will be enriched through a curriculum of discovery, development and application to ensure a sound knowledge of the key professional components of computer information systems. Students also gain an understanding of how to incorporate servant leadership into their everyday lives as business professionals. In addition to the core competencies of the University, graduates of the information technology management program will be able to:
- Students will understand the principles of cyber defense.
- Students will be able to effectively use networking technology and protocols to provide a secure network for users to operate in.
- Students will understand basic operating systems concepts and be able to apply these concepts.
- Students will develop system administration skills that will help them effectively administer systems in a responsible and ethical form.
- Students will formulate decisions utilizing the Benedictine values, ethical frameworks, and professional standards.
There are additional academic policies which apply to all undergraduate majors within the Gary Tharaldson School of Business. Please review those policies on the GTSB Undergraduate Programs page.