Program Director: Dr. Kevin Fishbeck
Degree Types: Bachelor of Science (default), Bachelor of Applied Science (alternative), or Bachelor of Arts (alternative)
Computer Information Systems majors graduating from the University of Mary’s Gary Tharaldson School of Business will be enriched through a curriculum of discovery, development and application to ensure a sound knowledge of the key professional components of computer information systems. Students also gain an understanding of how to incorporate servant leadership into their everyday lives as business professionals. In addition to the core competencies of the University, graduates of the computer information systems program will be able to:
- Formulate decisions utilizing the Benedictine values, ethical frameworks, and professional standards.
- Analyze the contemporary global business environment in an integrated manner.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Apply business support tools to decision-making.
- Implement a computer programming solution.
- Produce a web application.
- Create a database using professional tools and techniques.
There are additional academic policies which apply to all undergraduate majors within the Gary Tharaldson School of Business. Please review those policies on the GTSB Undergraduate Programs page.