Program Director: Dr. Kevin Fishbeck
Degree Types: Bachelor of Science (default) or Bachelor of Arts (alternative)
The curriculum in Business Education is designed to prepare students to be effective secondary classroom teachers capable of meeting the needs of all students, including those with special needs and from varied backgrounds. A student completing the Business Education program at the University of Mary is eligible for licensure to teach in grades 5-12 in North Dakota. Meeting the requirements for licensure in other states is the responsibility of each student.
In addition to the core competencies of the University, graduates of the Business Education program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to process information to reach a logical conclusion.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Identify major concepts within the core areas of business.
- Apply decision support tools to business decision making.
- Apply ethical decision making utilizing the Benedictine values and professional standards.
- Recognize the global nature of the contemporary business environment.
There are additional academic policies which apply to all undergraduate majors within the Gary Tharaldson School of Business. Please review those policies on the GTSB Undergraduate Programs page. There are also academic policies which apply to all education majors, which can be found on the Department of Education page.